Audit and Rebuilding of Cash Flow Model
Key challenge was to understand client’s existing Inconsistent model to audit and rebuild.
- Deep dive of the client’s existing model to understand the methodology which was built by the client and discontinued long ago.
- Had to come up with a skeleton first to identify all Inputs, Processes and Outputs to make all the inputs at centralized place.
- Had to modify the model keeping scalability in mind for a longer run.
- Making it more user friendly and efficiently was another challenge as there were multiple reports and data points attached to it.
- Enhancing the model based on various cases which we worked with client together to come up with a methodology and solutions.
- Model had to go through with tons of business logics, data validations, checks for balances etc before processing.
Our Approach, Findings and Solutions
- We found multiple errors and inconsistencies in the existing processes which we reported and closely worked with client before changing.
- Worked closely with the client to come up with the methodology based on various cases and anomalies.
- Built a generic model which is efficient enough to handle complex structures in a one go.
- We centralized all the inputs at one place so that its always easy for the user to learn the application of the model especially in the case of multiple users.
- Error reporting of the cases, if system finds any anomalies and describing the reason for such anomalies around the data or checks and balances built in the model.
- Training to multiple users of this model and gathering the feedback to make sure that model is in use in day to day activities.